Sunday, March 7, 2010

Writing process

My personal writing process techinique that I like to use is brainstorming because you get to write down whats on your mind without having to stop and think if you are going right or wrong. When brainstorming you get all your ideas out there and later you can revise and make corrections to complete your paper.
One thing that I am having trouble with academically is always how to write a thesis statement. I thought that I could use a question as my thesis, but I will need details to support my thesis statement.
Going back to school has been a long journey for me but I am holding on till I reach the end where I can say that I have accomplish something. Doing classes has giving me an opportunity to help my kids with there school work and so forth.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Ebony. I also have a problem writing a correct thesis statement. It is hard trying to get my point across in one sentence. You can use a question as a thesis, just make sure that question covers all three points you are trynig to tell the reader. I am happy to hear you can now help your kids with their school work as well. I took college algebra last term, and I was able to help my son understand his troubles in math. I am happy to say he got an A on his next test. Looks like going back to school benefits our families as well as ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pooh, I think it was the other way around for me! I did not do good in math, my son had to help me! well atleast I passed the class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you on the brainstorm way. You write whats on your mind. some times I have to tell myself that I can't put some words in it. but thats were you do the touch up work and all. I think that we all have or problems in one area or another. That what we are here for is to learn and to better ourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must say sometimes I am good at writing. I was so excited that we get to pick a topic. But it seems like this is harder for me then when I had to choice a topic in the list. My thesis was off, and I have so much to write about but don't want my paper to ramble on and on. I am cutting stuff out bit by bit though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, how are you doing with your thesis? You may want to post it for us to help you. Or, we can discuss it during seminar this week. prof J

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ebony,

    I do free writing often. I often get writer's block, and it helps me from getting it when I just let my mind go. Have you ever tried it?

    ReplyDelete